Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mixing Medication and Chocolate

I started a new medication last night. The doctor reviewed the likely side effects with me, which include headaches, hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, nausea and vomiting. Sounds like a lot of fun, right? And, I’m sure, more than you ever wanted to know about me. At least I'll have some good practice with hot flashes prior to menopause. Plus, mood swings are nothing new to me. Just ask Jim. :)

About ten minutes after taking my first dose, my hypochondriac side comes out and I'm sure the side effects are in full swing. ugh!

To make myself feel better, I decided that I needed to self-medicate with chocolate. We didn't have anything good in our house to cure the craving, so I decided to whip up some Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes last night. Sometimes a girl really needs a serious chocolate fix. ;)


Hot out of the oven and topped with whipped cream.
(Ethan loves these star fruits that I used as garnish. I was excited to see them in our small town grocery store.)

And now for the best part...




...letting all the warm chocolate "lava" ooze out. Holy Yum!

This did the trick. My "side effects" all vanished as I drifted off into a chocolate coma.

1 comment:

  1. That looks amazing! Nothing better than warm chocolate cake - except maybe finding melted chocolate suprise in the middle.

    Your plate is really cute!

    ReplyDelete