Monday, December 21, 2009

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree


I love decorating our small tree for Christmas. The last few years, I have done it while Ethan was napping so that he wakes up to the magic of it already being done and sparkling in all it's holiday wonder. As he gets older, hopefully he'll be able to help his Mommy out.

My mother-in-law told me the other day that Jim loved to help decorate when he was little and especially liked to help with the outside lights. I don't know what happened, but Jim doesn't want anything to do with helping decorate for Christmas anymore. I don't mind, as this way I can decorate how I think it should look.

Our Christmas tree decorations are rustic and country in style, to match our lifestyle. There are lots of pheasant feathers, moose, deer and other outdoor references.

Here are some of my favorite ornaments from our little Christmas tree this year:



This is an Our 1st Christmas ornament that my mother-in-law gave to us.






We have lots of these feather balls on the tree. They were the first real Christmas tree ornaments that I purchased.


Small, glass pheasant.


Ethan's 1st Christmas ornament. Also a gift from my mother-in-law.




Another glass pheasant. I think pheasant feathers are beautiful.


I also decorate Jim's prize deer for the season. Last year, I attached a red ball to it's nose to be Rudolph, but that was too degrading for Jim's trophy. This year, we compromised with a Santa hat. I figure if I have to live with a deer head in my living room, Jim can live with it being decorated for a couple of weeks a year. He's just lucky I don't hang ornaments and tinsel from his antlers.

No comments:

Post a Comment