Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy 30th Anniversary Mom & Dad

Today is my parent's 30th wedding anniversary. If you saw my post below regarding my Dad's birthday, you'll notice that they got married on his birthday. They even had birthday candles that my dad blew out on top of their wedding cake.


December 29, 1979

Following their wedding in California, my parent's moved to my Dad's hometown in rural Kansas and into their home that they still live in today. I can't imagine what a culture shock that must have been for my mother and her two children to move from Los Angeles to rural Kansas. (My Mom had two children from a previous marriage.) That must have been some strong love to cause a city girl to relocate to the western plains where the nearest mall is over 60 miles away!


My parents have four children and two grandsons. Their marriage has survived the loss of one child, the raising of three teenagers, an empty nest, facing retirement during a tough economy and much more. Every obstacle they have faced, they have done so with grace and dignity and their marriage is stronger because of it. Their marriage has also been filled with many joys! The creation of two children together, raising their children into strong and independent adults, the addition of a daughter and son in-law to their family, the welcoming of two grandsons, the starting of a business together and lots of travel.

Congratulations on your 30th anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment