Monday, December 21, 2009

Cinammon Rolls - PW Recipe

First item is checked off the Christmas baking list and boy does our house smell delicious tonight!

I made the cinammon rolls from The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl cookbook. She says that they can be frozen, cooked and already iced, and just reheated in the oven when ready to eat.

I'll be taking two pans to my parent's home on Christmas morning to enjoy for breakfast. The third pan we will give to my in-laws on Christmas Eve for them to make the following morning, or they can save them for another time they want a gooey and very sweet breakfast goodie.

I am always nervous to bake with yeast for some reason. Something about the stuff intimidates me. The dough came together really easily and didn't give me any trouble when rolling out the cinammon rolls. Ethan got in on the action and helped spread the butter over the dough and sprinkle a large amount of sugar and cinammon.

The dough rose for an hour before making the rolls and than for another 20 minutes after the rolls were in the pan. If it wasn't for the wait time, I'd be tempted to make rolls from scratch all the time.


Rolls after rising on the counter for 20 minutes

When the rolls were in the oven, the entire house smelled so sinful and delicious. I read somewhere that the scent of cinammon rolls was the #1 scent that men are attracted to. Since my husband wandered into the kitchen on several occassions while the rolls were baking, I believe the study!

After the rolls came out of the oven, I drizzled drowned them with a maple flavored icing that was made from powdered sugar, milk, butter, coffee and maple extract.


Drooling yet?

I couldn't serve a first time attempted recipe to others for Christmas without first sampling a piece. Oh my gosh, HEAVEN!



Hopefully they will keep their moisture, texture and flavor after being frozen and reheated!

1 comment:

  1. So tempted to try, but now I will be eating them all. I love PW's cookbook!

    ReplyDelete