Monday, February 15, 2010

I Love You to the Moon and Back


I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day! Mine was kind of a let down but still wonderful since I got to spend the entire weekend with my two favorite boys.

Jim had planned a Valentine's evening that included a trip to Kearney for dinner and entertainment. It was his first Valentine's that I completely put him in charge of planning. I was so looking forward to being surprised and having a romantic date night with my husband. Unfortunately, I came down with the flu and spent the weekend either in bed or veggie out on the couch surrounded by a pile of tissues. Romance was definitely not on the agenda.

Valentine's Day started out perfectly with Ethan crawling up into our bed proclaiming "It's not dark anymore." This is how I'm woken up every morning, as soon as the sun starts rising. We snuggled together for a little while in bed and watched cartoons.

Guess How Much I Love YouEthan told me he loved me all the way to the moon and back and forever and ever. He makes my heart melt! We've been reading Guess How Much I Love You a lot lately and we have a lot of fun coming up with different ways to measure our love for each other. Oh how I treasure these moments. I can't imagine that someday he'll be telling me to not say "I love you" in public and running off before I have the chance to give him a hug or even forgetting to tell me goodbye. I so hope he's a momma's boy and lets me continue to compete with him on who loves the other more for many more years to come.


We exchanged Valentine's Day cards and small presents. I received a clock for the basement and Jim received a new Wii game and package of Reese's Peanut Butter hearts. (I've been good and have only eaten one...so far.) Ethan spent the day sneaking pieces of Valentine's candy that he received from his friends at daycare. I pretended to not notice and let him indulge in his mini-sized treats.

The sun finally came out a little bit this weekend. It was still chilly and windy, but Ethan was eager to get outside and play after all the snow and mud we've been battling all winter. 

 

Ethan came inside covered in mud from head to toe. He had been hard at work digging holes in our driveway with his bulldozer. I just think little boy's knees should be worn and covered in dirt. Jim's jeans are also covered in mud but those aren't even remotely cute. My poor, cheap washer is in for some heavy duty cleaning in the future.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a sweet post Tara. I love the dirty knees of the jeans. Ethan is the cutest little boy and he has a wonderful Mommy!

    Happy Valentine's Day, a few days late.

    ReplyDelete