Thursday, April 22, 2010

Three Little Birds

My sister-in-law, Gidget, added a new tattoo to her ankle a couple of weeks ago. She chose to have three little red birds perched on a branch to symbolize the song Three Little Birds by the legendary Bob Marley. She actually had her grandma draw the birds, which I think makes the tattoo even more special and meaningful.

Gidget told me that she use to sing Three Little Birds to her son, Alex, when he was little and it had become their theme song through life's ups and downs. Ever since hearing about the song and her new tattoo, I have been playing the song over and over again. I have fallen in love with the cheerful melody and optimistic lyrics.

The song came on my ipod last night while I was out jogging and I found myself actually singing along. How embarrassing! Luckily, I don't think there was anyone around to hear my off-pitch, out of breath, little solo performance.

If you haven't heard the song before, give it a listen below in this cute little video that accompanies the song.



Don't worry...'bout a thing.
Cause every little thing, gonna be all right!

I'm trying to not worry so much about things that I can not control and are in the past and instead look forward to the things that I can influence and change and try and determine what those changes need to be and hopefully, every little thing is gonna be all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment