Thursday, August 11, 2011

Friendship Reunion

Our little town swells in size during the Kansas' Biggest Rodeo event that takes place every year. More than the rodeo, I look forward to reuniting with friends that travel back home for the event.

This past Saturday, I hosted my best friends from childhood and their daughters at my home for lunch. It was so much fun to get to reconnect while our kiddos played.

(I really need to start using my real camera and not my camera phone. The quality of these photos make me sad. :( )

The kids had a great time playing, even if Cami (on the left) doesn't appear to want anything to do with the other kids. It made my heart soar to see the 2nd generation of, what I hope can be, life-long friendships being made. These mamas and their little ones are like family to me.


We've been friends for as long as I can remember. These women have played a vital role in my life. 

From childhood to those dramatic teenage years:


Through the college years and our budding romances with our soon to be spouses:




Through 4 weddings within 8 months of each other:




And now through the beginning of parenthood and discovering together of all the joys and challenges that come with being a mother.




There's just something about friendships that have spanned through so many years and so many milestones. I think it ties to the fact that they already know your back story, your faults, and your strengths. There's no use in pretending to be someone you're not or needing to explain your quirks...they already know.

I can't wait until our next little reunion! 



No comments:

Post a Comment