Friday, June 10, 2011

Riverless Festival Fun Run

Last weekend, I ran the Riverless Festival Fun Run here in Phillipsburg.

Originally, I had entered my nephew, Austin, into the race. However, he injured his foot during the high school regional track meet and had to pull out. Since I had already paid the registration fee, I decided to compete in his place in the 2 mile run.

The race started as scheduled at 7 a.m.


I went out a little too fast at the beginning but quickly fell into stride. I had my regular coffee that morning and could really feel it in my stomach...yuck! I really worried that I was going to be sick during the first 1/2 mile of the race.

The race course took us one mile out and then we looped around to return.

On my way back, I spotted my cheering section.


My Dad, Mom, Brother, Nephew and Ethan were all near the finish line to cheer me on. My brother took all of these pictures with his new camera that I am green with envy over.
 So happy to see the finish line! 

I ended up placing 2nd in my age group (20-29) and 3rd overall female. Not bad for only recently starting to run.


My time ended up being 16.41 or 8.20 minute mile pace.

Ethan quickly claimed my granola bar from my goodie bag from the event sponsors. 


And then he claimed my medal.


I guess he earned the right to wear the medal since he beat me in our own little race.

No comments:

Post a Comment