Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Vacation - Day Three

For our next day of vacation, we spent the day outside enjoying the scent of the pine trees, the crisp mountain air and exploring our surroundings.

Ethan loves playing outside, digging in the dirt and making construction sites with his toys. Check out his dirty face and the shirt that perfectly describes my little boy's philosophy on life.


Some scenery shots from our walks around the lake.






After our nature hike, we headed into the small village of Red Feather Lakes, CO. The little town features a post office, old-fashioned general store, library, lodge, and a hardware store.


This hardware store is for sale. Anyone want to lend me some money so that Jim could run a hardware store and I could permanently live in this beautiful part of the world?


To finish our day, we had smores in either the outside campfire or indoor fireplace every night. I think I may have turned into a fluffy marshmallow by the time we left. I ate my weight in roasted marshmallows during vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment