Thursday, September 16, 2010

Baby Shower for Miss Monica

"Sprinkles" Baby Shower


Way back in August, I had the honor of co-hosting a baby shower for my close friend, Monica. She and her husband are expecting their first child in about two weeks and I am so thrilled for her little family.

For the shower, we kept the theme pretty simple with just lots of pink and some accents of brown to match the nursery colors that Monica had decorated with. We held the shower on a Sunday afternoon and Monica's Aunt, another one of the hostesses, had the great idea of having a dessert buffet instead of just a large cake. We ended up with two long tables crammed with desserts!


I made some chocolate covered strawberries that had a drizzle of pink tinted white chocolate on top.


Can't have a party without my favorite, cupcakes! I decorated with pink sprinkles to pay tribute to the guest of honor, little Sprinkles.


We held the baby shower over Rodeo weekend, which is our largest community event out here in Phillipsburg. We proudly host Kansas' Biggest Rodeo and knew we'd have a lot of people in town already so it would be a great time to get everyone together for the baby shower. Samantha, another close friend and co-host, found this Rodeo Princess sign - it was just perfect for the event and this special little girl!


Here's a picture of the expectant Mommy, Monica, with myself and Samantha.


Monica - Hopefully these next couple of days will go by smoothly and quickly for you. You, and your family, are in my thoughts and prayers. I can't wait to hear the news of the little girl making her appearance into the world!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, thanks! It was a wonderful shower, and I (we) had such a great time! And your right, the dessert buffet was AMAZING!!! Our little family is truely blessed already by such wonderful friends and family! We are getting more excited by the day, wondering if this will be it?!! We will keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete